SOUTHERN SCORCH - Spring 2016 Youth Teams
THE SPRING YOUTH EXPERIENCE YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR
Players in the West San Fernando, Simi, and Conejo Valleys now have the professionally run youth lacrosse team experience they've long been waiting for. We are pleased to offer a developmentally-appropriate spring lacrosse experience for players of all backgrounds and abilities.
Over the last decade, we’ve been brought in as consultants to found or rebuild many dozens of youth lacrosse programs on the East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast. We’ve helped league directors and administrators everywhere model their organization for success and achievement of the proper mission. Our coaches are all full-time lacrosse professionals in Southern California and head coaches and assistant coaches of several area High School programs. We have everything needed in-house to provide area lacrosse players with THE OPTIMAL SPRING LACROSSE EXPERIENCE.
- Every one of our coaches is highly experienced and has played at the collegiate or professional level
- You send your children to schools with experienced teachers and organized lesson plans - do the same for their sports
- Each of our coaches are thoroughly trained in coaching methods
- Our philosophy and coaching pedagogy are based on graduate work in the coaching and sport psychology fields
- There are no parent coaches in the Top Tech; only professional & experienced coaches without their own children on the team
- Our coaches can always comfortably wear the "coach hat" with no conflicts
- There are no politics in this league whatsoever
- We care about each player equally, whether they've played lacrosse for 10 years or 10 days
- There are no boards or committees; only experienced league directors & administrators
- Each team is treated equally, held to the same standards, and governed by lacrosse professionals
TEAMS IN ALL YOUTH AGE GROUPS
- Four Age Divisions: U15, U13, U11, and U9
- Players from West San Fernando Valley as well as Simi Valley and Conejo Valley
- HOME FIELD: AC Stelle Middle School - Calabasas
- Practices on Tuesdays (and Saturdays during pre-season)
- Games on Sunday afternoon (Home & Away sites)
- PREMIER LEAGUE (U15, U13, U11)
- You’ve got the fundamentals, you know the game, and we take you to that next level by refining your game further.
- EVOLUTION (EVO) LEAGUE (U15, U13, U11)
- We develop your core competencies. You will succeed. Your game will evolve so you can find your way to the Premier League.
- DEVELOPMENTAL (DEVO) LEAGUE (U9 only)
- Focus is on acquiring valuable lacrosse basics in a fun, progressive and controlled environment. Players meet once per week and practice and play within their region in a 7v7 format (Weeks 1-11). The season will culminate in an all-region jamboree during Week 12.
- Season runs from late January through early May
Games will be held on Sundays
Once games begin in early March they are held weekly through early May with the exception of Easter Sunday
10+ games over 13 weeks of practice and training
Week 1: Training Camp and Evaluations on January 24th
Players will be leveled appropriately (Premier or Evo League) following this skill assessment
Weeks 2-5: Preseason practices and skill sessions (Two per week - one weekday, one weekend)
Week 6: Team practice during week followed by Opening Day Jamboree (Sunday) - 3 games per team
Weeks 7-12: Regular Season - Team practice and team games each week
Week 13: Team practice during the week followed by Championship Weekend - Semifinals and finals
- U9 - $250
- U11, U13, U15 - $450
Registration will open on Monday, October 26th and remain open until all spots are filled.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Visit this LINK for answers to other questions regarding the Top Tech Youth Lacrosse